There are a lot of options when deciding where to head skiing for the first time. Our Ski Specialists are on hand to offer advice including where to go, where to stay, and will let you know what else you may need to keep in mind when booking your holiday.
We've selected a few of our favourite resorts & accommodation options which are great for beginner ski holidays.
Call one of our Ski Specialists on 0131 243 8097 or submit an enquiry online for further information & advice on booking your ski holiday
Val Thorens, FranceWhere to stay: Hotel Le Hameau du Kashmir, Hotel Koh-I Nor
- Val Thorens is perched at the top of the extensive Three Valleys ski area. Europe's highest ski resort, and voted World's Best Ski Resort 6 times, is a fantastic choice for all ages and abilities of skier.
- Val Thorens is a popular option with a great choice of ski school options, which is sure to get even total beginners well on their way.
- Hotel Le Hameau du Kashmir boasts stunning panoramic views and direct access to the pistes.
- Hotel Koh-I Nor is a heavenly 5-star retreat with an excellent ski-in/ski-out location.
Find out more: Val Thorens Ski Holidays
Chamonix, FranceWhere to stay: Hotel Le Refuge des Aiglons, Hotel Mont Blanc
- With stunning scenery, a great atmosphere and short transfer times, Chamonix is the ultimate destination for a ski holiday.
- For beginners, the Balme/Le Tour area (pictured) is good for cruising and is usually free from crowds, and there are several dedicated novice ski areas in the Chamonix Valley.
- Hotel Le Refuge des Aiglons boasts spectacular views of Mont Blanc and is located at the foot of the Aguille du Midi cable car.
- Hotel Mont Blanc sits in the heart of Chamonix and is the perfect place to relax after a day on the slopes.
Find out more: Chamonix Ski Holidays
Avoriaz, FranceWhere to stay: Residence L'Amara, Hotel Mil8
- Avoriaz is a purpose-built resort and as a result, most of the accommodation is ski-in/ski-out with easy access to the beginner runs.
- There are a number of nursery areas for beginners and a huge choice of ski schools, making Avoriaz an ideal place to learn to ski.
- Residence L'Amara offers great apartments with excellent on-site spa and leisure facilities.
- Hotel Mil8 is a recent addition to Avoriaz, and offers stylish rooms with great facilities.
Find out more: Avoriaz Ski Holidays
La Clusaz, FranceWhere to stay: Hotel Au Coeur du Village
- La Clusaz is a charming alpine village located only an hour from Geneva.
- The Beauregard area boasts a sunny plateau with gently blue and green slopes with fantastic views from the top.
- Hotel Au Coeur du Village offers stylish accommodation in the centre of the village, perfect for unwinding after a day on the slopes.
Find out more: La Clusaz Ski Holidays
Madonna di Campiglio offers a charming village and beautiful scenery, and is a relaxed place to learn to ski.
The resort has multiple ski schools and a good beginners ski area.
DV Chalet Boutique Hotel is decorated in a contemporary style, and offers a complimentary shuttle to the town & lifts during the day.
- The traditional mountain style and welcoming atmosphere of Sporthotel Romantic Plaza make this the ideal place for families and couples.
Find out more: Madonna di Campiglio Ski Holidays
Villars, SwitzerlandWhere to stay: Chalet Royalp Hotel
- Surrounded by panoramic views from Lake Geneva to Mont Blanc, Villars is a picturesque haven offering something for everyone.
- Villars has long been a favourite with families looking for a winter ski holiday to suit all ages and abilities.
- The beautiful Chalet Royalp Hotel & Spa occupies a peaceful location above Villars. Relax at the hotel's indoor pool after a day on the mountain.
Find out more: Villars Ski Holidays