Weekend ski breaks are a perfect choice if you haven’t got time to spend a full week on the slopes. We recommend choosing a resort with a short transfer time from the airport, allowing you to maximise time on the mountain.
Our ski specialists have put together a guide of our favourite resort and accommodation options for short ski holidays.
Short Ski Breaks: Our Recommendations
La Clusaz is the perfect destination for your short ski break. Only an hour away from Geneva airport, the traditional French alpine village boasts stunning mountain views.
There’s a huge range of skiing available in the La Clusaz area. Beginners and families can take advantage of the three snow gardens, whilst intermediate skiers can enjoy a good selection of blue and red runs.
Whilst visiting La Clusaz, we recommend a staying at Hotel Au Coeur du Village, Hotel Beauregard, or the St Alban Hotel & Spa. You’ll find a great selection of family-run restaurants in the village, proud of their home cooked food using fresh produce from local farms.
Chamonix is packed with great shops, restaurants and bars, and is only 1hr 10mins from Geneva airport.
The resort is home to Europe’s highest mountain, Mont Blanc. The scenic ski area is renowned for its high-altitude skiing, ranging from gentle greens to extreme off-piste.
When staying in Chamonix, we recommend staying at Hotel Heliopic, Boutique Hotel La Morgane, Hotel Le Refuge des Aiglons, or Residence Le Cristal de Jade. Dining options range from casual dining to the two Michelin-starred Albert 1er. Whatever you’re looking for, there’s something to suit your taste.
Verbier is a luxury Alpine town set within the heart of the Swiss Alps. The resort is part of the 4 Vallées ski area and is filled with a combination of stylish hotels and rustic chalets.
Only a 2 hour transfer from Geneva, you can find some of the most exciting and demanding ski terrain within the 4 Vallées ski area.
When visiting Verbier, we highly recommend staying at the luxurious Hotel W, or Hotel Montpelier. Verbier’s vibrant après-ski scene also isn’t to be missed, with a huge choice of bars and restaurants to entertain all.
Megève is a great choice for a short ski break. The French town offers elegance and charm to rival the most upmarket ski resorts in the world, and is just over an hour away from Geneva airport.
Part of the extensive Evasion Mont Blanc ski area, Megève delivers gorgeous pistes, from gentle tree-lined slopes to wide, open snow bowls.
Spectacular mountain scenery, high snow sure ski slopes, an authentic traditional resort, and a great collection of historical bars & restaurants, Andermatt has it all. Only 1hr 25mins from Zurich airport, Andermatt is a great choice for a short ski holiday.
Andermatt is surrounded by two main mountains and has a range of slopes suitable for beginners and intermediate skiers. The mountains are particularly idyllic mid-week when the slopes are normally very quiet, you often feel like you have the mountain to yourself!
The Chedi in Andermatt isn’t to be missed. The hotel offers modern hotel rooms, other highlights include a wine cellar, cheese room, two restaurants and luxury spa.
- High altitude; snow sure resort with a short transfer.
- Lots of slopeside cafés and shops.
- Ski-in/ski-out accommodation means hitting the slopes couldn't be easier.
Transfer time: 1hr 20mins from Geneva
Recommended hotels: Hotel Terminal Neige Totem
- Flexible lift pass options
- Access to an enormous ski area
- Buzzing market town with lively après
Transfer time: 1hr 30mins from Geneva
- Great choice for families.
- Stunning views of Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc.
- Varied terrain for all abilities
Transfer time: 1hr 30mins from Geneva
Recommended hotels: Chalet Royalp Hotel & Spa
- Huge choice of restaurants, bars and shops
- Access to Grand Massif ski area, one of France's biggest ski areas
- Picture perfect destination, surrounded by seven magnificent mountains
Transfer time: 1hr 10mins from Geneva
Recommended hotels: Hotel Alexane
- Ski-in/ski-out resort
- Easy access to the Portes du Soleil ski area
- Car free resort
Transfer time: 1hr 40mins from Geneva
- Varied ski terrain coupled with beautiful scenery
- Great selection of gourmet restaurants
- Other non-skiing options available, including dog sledding and Val Rendena thermal baths
Transfer time: 2hr 20mins from Verona
Recommended hotel: DV Chalet Boutique Hotel
What our Short Ski Breaks offer:
• Short transfer times: Our featured resorts for short ski holidays all have minimal transfer times. Less time travelling means more time on the mountain!
• Choice of flights: All our holidays are tailor made. Whether you’re after a weekend ski break from Belfast or a midweek ski holiday from Birmingham, we can find the perfect break to suit your needs.
• A range of transfer options: From shared transfers to luxury private transfers, we have something to suit every budget.
• Huge Selection of accommodation: From one-bedroom apartments to luxury 5-star hotels, we have a great choice of accommodation throughout a range of resorts.
• Ski Extras: Pre-book your lift pass and ski hire with us before you travel, saving you time and money in-resort.