Hotel Riffelalp Overview
Sitting at the heart of the ski area and boasting stunning views of the Matterhorn, the exceptional ski-in/ski-out Hotel Riffelalp Resort is situated at 2222m. One of the only 5-star hotels worldwide to be inaccessible by car, the hotel is easily accessed from the centre of Zermatt via a 20 minute ride on the Gornergrat mountain railway (open from around 7.00 am until 11.30 pm) and is then a 5 minute walk to the hotel (the hotel’s porter will greet you either at the main train station or at the taxi end station, both in Zermatt, to take your luggage).
Hotel Riffelalp offers luxurious surroundings and excellent facilities including an indoor and outdoor pool, whirlpool, solarium, massage area, saunas, steam baths and a small fitness room. There is also a bowling alley, kindergarten (supervised in winter from Sun-Fri from 3pm-10.30pm for children aged 2-9yrs), three restaurants and the opportunity to participate in some wine tasting within the hotel.
- The Gornergrat train ticket to & from Zermatt centre for arrival and departure (all other journeys are covered with the purchase of a lift pass)
- Free entrance to the pool area
- Free entrance to the wellness area (from 16yrs)
- Special evening trains until 11:30pm
- Spa treatments and massages
- Gornergrat railway tickets to & from Zermatt centre (other than arrival and departure journeys) if no valid lift pass is held
Room Types & Amenities
We feature Standard and Superior Nostalgie Double Rooms on a half board basis. Other room types and suites are available on request.
All rooms are fully equipped with 5-star amenities, including Nespresso coffee machine, TV and free WiFi. Most rooms have balconies which offer breathtaking views of the Matterhorn or the surrounding mountains.
- Guide Pricing
Low Mid High The prices below are per person based on 2 sharing a Standard Nostalgie Double Room on a B&B basis, SWISS flights from London Heathrow to Geneva and second class Swiss Rail return transfers. 7 nights £2766 £3021 £4110