Whether you're following the snow for a last-minute weekend away or planning your trip well in advance, we know how to get the most out of a short ski break in the Alps.
At Ski Independence we understand that short break skiers are dedicated to their mountain time. Just getting you there and back quickly is not enough. We consider every detail involved in you getting the most out of your time away. Tell us what’s important to you and let us use our expert knowledge to make sure your short break is one to be enjoyed and remembered.
For maximum time on the mountain we recommend ski resorts in close proximity to airports. The best time to plan a short break is early to mid-December, January or mid-March to the end of the season. Availability is slightly more limited during the holiday periods such as Christmas, New Year & Easter. However, properties are becoming increasingly flexible so short ski breaks around these dates are always a possibility. To find out more, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Look out for our special short breaks logo throughout our European resorts to find the properties that are best suited to a short break.
Under 1hr 30mins from Geneva Airport
La Clusaz - 1hr 15mins
- Amazing scenery; you wouldn’t believe you had travelled such a short distance from the city!
- 5-star hotel options mean you don’t need to sacrifice luxury for convenience.
- Picturesque Alpine village makes this a great choice for a romantic mini break.
Chamonix - 1hr 10mins
- Backcountry skiing without backcountry travel times.
- Great accommodation options to suit all budgets and dates.
- Great shopping, great après, great restaurants; all right on your doorstep.
Megève - 1hr 20mins
- Huge variety of restaurants make this short break destination a gastronomic dream.
- A wide variety of terrain to suit all levels across three main ski areas.
- Charming village centre with cobbled streets and historic buildings.
Flaine - 1hr 20mins
- High altitude makes this one of the most snow-sure resorts with a short transfer.
- Lots of slopeside cafés and shops, perfect for grabbing a quick bite before continuing your skiing.
- Ski-in/ski-out accommodation means hitting the slopes couldn't be easier.
Morzine - 1hr 30mins
- Flexible lift pass options so you can ski as much or as little of the 650km of piste as you like!
- Wide choice of short break friendly accommodation.
- Buzzing market town with lots of lively après spots and entertainment.
Top picks for transfer times under 2hrs from Geneva Airport:
Villars - 1hr 35mins
- The easiest Swiss resort to access for a short ski break.
- Stunning views of Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc make this a truly picturesque destination.
- Variety of terrain, restaurants and accommodation make Villars a great choice for families.
Recommended hotels: Chalet Royalp Hotel & Spa *****
Avoriaz - 1hr 55mins
- This ski-in/ski-out resort means you don’t need to waste a second getting to and from the slopes!
- Self-catering options mean you don’t need to keep to anyone’s schedule but your own.
- Located 1800m up in the Portes du Soleil ski area there’s no shortage of snow or terrain.
Verbier - 2hrs
- Verbier is one of the most popular resorts in Europe with a world-renowned ski area.
- Popular with the rich and famous, Verbier has a high end feel throughout the resort.
- The Hotel W is totally flexible and provides the ultimate in ski-in/ski-out luxury.
Under 2hrs from Zurich Airport:
Andermatt- 1hr 40mins
- Luxury accommodation at the Chedi Andermatt is perfect for a relaxing getaway
- Dedicated Ski Butlers to help you plan your day on the slopes
- Exceptional service means your every need will be taken care of, allowing you to maximise your time on the mountain.
Recommended hotel: The Chedi Andermatt *****
All timings shown are approximate. Main image: Verbier (Ivo Scholz).