Was it a state of the art Gondola? Nope, me neither! But Vail is turning 50 next winter and they are getting a brand new gondola to improve their (already) world class lift system.
The gondola will replace The Vista Bahn Express lift (or lift #16, whichever you prefer) and is situated pretty much on the doorstep of The Lodge at Vail, does that make this is THE place to stay? I think so…
Anyway, more about the new gondola, here are some facts for you:
- It’ll take 10 passengers per cabin and this will give an increased uplift capacity of 40% – that means less queuing time to me and you.
- There will be heated and cushioned seats – very nice.
- FREE wi-fi access – yep that’s right, you’re always connected! Check out your latest Epic Mix stats on the way back up the mountain!
- Ride time to Mid-Vail of 7.5 mins versus the old quad ride time of 9mins plus.
- Opening day is 15 November 2012, but bear in mind that is the day BEFORE the mountain opens!
The new gondola will be a great addition to the mountain and don’t forget to visit the beautiful new (in December 2011) restaurant ‘The 10th’ situated at the top of the gondola, you’ll find it hard to get a better on-mountain dining option in the US.
We currently have some fantastic Early Booking Offers available at Vail, Breckenridge and Beaver Creek – click here to find out more. For more information on these deals and on holidays to Vail with Ski Independence, call us on 0131 243 8097 or request an email quote.