If you’re thinking about your next family ski holiday, you’ll find yourself spoilt for choice with these family friendly Canadian resorts. All of which have convenient villages, friendly service, and a range of accommodation options to choose from.
We’ve put together a few of our favourite family-friendly Canadian ski resorts to help you decide.
- Convenient ski-in/ski-out village with locally-owned shops, restaurants & accommodation
- There’s a huge choice of non-skiing activities, from the bungee trampoline to the tube park
- Great beginner ski terrain and an award-winning ski school
Spread across three mountains, Sun Peaks is Canada’s second largest ski resort and is great for family ski holidays. The friendly atmosphere is helped along by the convenience of ski-in/ski-out or slopeside accommodation, and an award-winning ski school. The resort is home to fantastic amenities including a tubing park and ice-skating rink. Our clients love Sun Peaks because it feels so safe, the kids can roam the shops or even ski and tube at night.
- Purpose-build pedestrian village with family-friendly accommodation
- Designated family-zones on the ski slopes
- Huge choice of non-skiing options, including the popular Olympic Plaza
When it comes to Whistler there’s plenty to explore, from tree-lined runs to high open bowls with breath-taking views. Despite being the largest resort in North America, it’s not overwhelming. There are designated family zones – The Tree Fort in Whistler and the Magic Castle on Blackcomb – where kids have free reign in an enchanted wonderland. Staying at the Westin Resort & Spa is a popular choice for many of our clients, who take advantage of the connecting suites and kids club. Not forgetting the Avello Spa for some relaxing time for the parents.
- Relaxed, hassle-free resort – great for spending time together as a family
- Great boutique alpine dining scene
- Panorama has a range of family-friendly condo style accommodation
Panorama is the perfect choice for families: It’s a relaxed, hassle-free resort, allowing you to spend quality time with family. The resort offers a number of evening activities for children, including night skiing and ice-skating. In Panorama we offer a wonderful range of self-catering ski-in/ski-out condos, which are a great choice for families. The Panorama Upper Village Premium Condos are a short walk away from the kids ski school and childcare facilities, the beginner slopes, and village centre.
- A small but perfectly formed ski mountain village in the heart of Quebec
- Tremblant’s Brind’o Aquaclub is a great indoor waterpark, just the thing for fun family apres ski
- Nice learn-to-ski area for adults & kids, and a great ski school programme.
If you’re looking to visit Canada for the first time, Tremblant is an excellent choice. A shorter transatlantic flight and less time difference means that you can hit the slopes full of enthusiasm. Be sure to take a break at some point and enjoy a Quebecois hot chocolate. Friendly Canadian service abounds here, as well as great quality slope side accommodation with a genuine cosmopolitan vibe.
Our Ski Specialists are a great point of contact if you have any questions about a family ski holiday or are thinking about visiting one of these fantastic Canadian resorts. Call us on 0131 243 8097 or submit an enquiry online.