The 2010 Winter Olympics, or officially the XXI Olympic Winter Games, took place from 12 – 28 February in Vancouver with the alpine skiing, nordic events, bobsleigh, luge, skeleton & ski jumping taking place in Whistler – a 2 hour drive north of Vancouver.
Ski Independence Guide to the 2010 Winter Olympics
>> Whistler & the Olympics - Whistler's role in the XXI Winter Olympics & Olympic Venues
>> Team GB - Who's was Team GB
>> What’s on & when - Full details of TV coverage
>> Winter Olympic News - Up to date news from Vancouver 2010
>> Medals Table - Medal standings from ESPN
>> Photo Gallery - Photos of Vancouver 2010
>> Video Gallery - Videos of Vancouver 2010
Vancouver 2010 Facts
- The 2010 Winter Olympics is the first Olympics to be held in British Columbia with Vancouver as the largest and warmest winter host city ever.
- This is the first time a Winter Olympics will be held by the sea and some of the places where the actual events are hosted are at sea level.
- There are two new medal events in the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics - the men’s and women’s ski cross, which is a ski race of a group of four skiers on a special downhill course.
- Over 80 countries and are projected to take place in the Games with the Cayman Islands, Colombia, Ghana, Montenegro, Pakistan, Peru and Serbia will make their winter Olympic débuts.
- Over 5,500 participants are expected to take part in the Games.
www.vancouver2010.com - Official website of the XXI Winter Olympic Games
www.bbc.co.uk - BBC coverage of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games
www.eurosport.co.uk - Eurosport coverage of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games