Great news! If you haven’t already heard, the snow has well and truly arrived in the Alps and North America. #WinterIsHere is trending on Twitter and we wanted to share a few recent images and videos to inspire you for Winter 2014/15.
- Vail, Breckenridge and Beaver Creek in Colorado are now all open and there’s been enough snow that Vail’s back bowls should be open for the Thanksgiving weekend celebrations.
- 12 inches of new snow in Breckenridge, here’s a clip of the skiing on offer on Peak 9:
- Elswhere in Colordao, Aspen Snowmass enjoyed a bumper opening weekend:
- And Steamboat is open, with a base of 86cm already!
- Meanwhile in France, Morzine and Avoriaz are scheduled to partially open on the 13th December (just a couple of weeks from now!) and Alpe d’Huez has had enough of the white stuff that it should be open from the 6th December.
- In Canada, Whistler Blackcomb is open for business, with other BC resorts not far behind. Big White has a base of 61cm and opens this coming Saturday.
Further east, Alberta has a cracking snow forecast and Banff is set to receive up to 56cm of new snow on Friday:
Lastly, we love this video from Jackson Hole. The resort opens today, 27th November:
For more information on ski holidays with Ski Independence this winter call our expert team on 0131 243 8097 or request a tailor-made quotation online.