Short breaks or ski weekends are becoming more and more popular so we thought we’d put together our top 5 short break tips for skiers.
1. Be flexible; To get the best price and the best availability have a bit of flexibility in your dates. We can book from many local airports in the UK but the prices tend to rise from Thursday to Sunday (as does accommodation cost sometimes) so if you’re looking for the best price then mid-week might suit best.
2. Avoid school holidays; There are very few hotels or apartments that will accept short stays over the Christmas / New Year holidays or the February holidays (that stretch in to March on mainland Europe) so keeping clear of these dates will give most flexibility.
3. Fly in to Geneva; this will offer the best choice in flights from your local airport and will give you a great choice of resorts within about a 90 minute transfer. Airlines we recommend: British Airways, SWISS, easyJet, Jet2.
4. Stay low and ski high; Some of the best properties and resorts for short breaks are in traditional villages at the foot of some of Europe’s best ski areas. While you’ll maybe not have ski in / ski out you’ll have access to fantastic snow sure skiing just a short walk or bus ride away, you don’t need to stay at 2000m to enjoy the skiing there! Resort we recommend: Morzine, Chamonix and lots of others too!
5. Treat yourself and go for a luxury break! If you really want to treat yourself then we can arrange amazing luxury short breaks – it’s not always about the lowest price! Upgrade on your British Airways flight to Club Europe or on Swiss to Business Class and enjoy lounge access and extra room in your seat. Upgrade to First Class on your Swiss Rail transfer or take a private transfer and arrive in resort in style. Stay in one of our 4 or 5 star handpicked hotels, go on, you’ve been busy and deserve it right?! Hotels we recommend: Hotel Mont Blanc, Megève, Hotel Alpina, Chamonix, Chalet Royalp Hotel and Spa in Villars, Hotel W in Verbier and Kempinski Hotel or Hotel Nira Alpina in St Moritz.
Get in touch with our team of Ski Specialists for further details on our Short Breaks service, as well as specialist advice on where to ski this winter. Call the team on 0131 243 8097 or request a tailor-made quotation online.