Posts Tagged ‘vail 50’
Was it a state of the art Gondola? Nope, me neither! But Vail is turning 50 next winter and they are getting a brand new gondola to improve their (already) world class lift system.
The gondola will replace The Vista Bahn Express lift (or lift #16, whichever you prefer) and is situated pretty much on the doorstep of The Lodge at Vail, does that make this is THE place to stay? I think so…
Anyway, more about the new gondola, here are some facts for you:
- It’ll take 10 passengers per cabin and this will give an increased uplift capacity of 40% – that means less queuing time to me and you.
- There will be heated and cushioned seats – very nice.
- FREE wi-fi access – yep that’s right, you’re always connected! Check out your latest Epic Mix stats on the way back up the mountain!
- Ride time to Mid-Vail of 7.5 mins versus the old quad ride time of 9mins plus.
- Opening day is 15 November 2012, but bear in mind that is the day BEFORE the mountain opens!