Posts Tagged ‘morzine’
Along with the partying, eating copious amounts of food and celebrating in the streets, one of the most integral elements of a New Year ski holiday is snow. The start of the year is generally a great time to ski in Europe, however snow cover in late December and early January can vary from resort to resort, so why not pick our brains for information on the most snow-sure destinations?
Our knowledgeable reservations team will be more than happy to talk through your requirements and point you in the right direction. So whether you’re looking for wild après, the ultimate in-resort dining or high altitude slopes, we’ll do our best to make sure you bring in 2019 in style.
Here are just a few of our picks for high-altitude early-season skiing in Europe:
The highest slopes sit at 3,300m, ensuring snowy mountains throughout the season.
Great piste-grooming and high altitude make Tignes a dependable New Year resort!
The village sits at 2,300m, making it the highest resort in the Alps and a snow-sure destination.
Our Top Tips
1. Once you’ve decided where to go, make the most of the mountain by letting us organise your instructor. Whether its group or private lessons, we can help!
2. Book your lift pass before you travel. With the majority of our French resorts, we can send your hands-free cards out with your travel documentation to ensure you’re not waiting to get on the slopes. Read the rest of this entry »
Short breaks or ski weekends are becoming more and more popular so we thought we’d put together our top 5 short break tips for skiers.
1. Be flexible; To get the best price and the best availability have a bit of flexibility in your dates. We can book from many local airports in the UK but the prices tend to rise from Thursday to Sunday (as does accommodation cost sometimes) so if you’re looking for the best price then mid-week might suit best.
2. Avoid school holidays; There are very few hotels or apartments that will accept short stays over the Christmas / New Year holidays or the February holidays (that stretch in to March on mainland Europe) so keeping clear of these dates will give most flexibility. Read the rest of this entry »
Europe’s short travel times and great skiing make for the ideal family ski holiday destination, but which resorts are best for families? Finding the right ski area, ski school, childcare options and accommodation all within a reasonable travel time can be challenging. With over 20 years of experience, we’ve short listed some of the best European resorts and accommodation for all the family…
Great news! If you haven’t already heard, the snow has well and truly arrived in the Alps and North America. #WinterIsHere is trending on Twitter and we wanted to share a few recent images and videos to inspire you for Winter 2014/15.
- Vail, Breckenridge and Beaver Creek in Colorado are now all open and there’s been enough snow that Vail’s back bowls should be open for the Thanksgiving weekend celebrations.
- 12 inches of new snow in Breckenridge, here’s a clip of the skiing on offer on Peak 9:
Nikki and Nicole from our reservations team have just returned from a few days in the French Alps where they managed to visit a lot of resorts, stopped in on many of our featured properties and also managed to get some fantastic early season skiing and snowboarding in. Here’s a round-up from Nikki and some great photos from Nicole.
Working with Ski Independence definitely has its perks, and this week we were lucky enough to take part in a fam trip to France. Not only to familiarise ourselves with the resorts, but to see all the amazing properties where we send our clients every winter. Knowing the resorts and properties inside-out is an essential part of being in the sales team, it means we can give the very best advice and share our first hand experiences. Read the rest of this entry »
Snowy mountains, fresh air, blue skies, an A-list line up of comedians and an exhilarating week long party with some of the world’s best known bands and DJ’s…it looks like Mayrhofen is the place to be this spring. Kick starting the party and being dubbed the ‘funniest week in the Alps ever’ is the Altitude Comedy Festival, followed 10 days later by the well known music festival Snowbombing.
Set in the beautiful Zillertal Valley, Mayrhofen has the reputation as one of the best ski resorts in Austria. Located just over an hour from Innsbruck, the resort offers a vast 638km of ski runs. Renowned for its lively après ski scene every March and April the boundaries are pushed, resulting in 2 of the best mountain parties on the European ski calendar. Read the rest of this entry »
It may be the heart of summer but the excitement for the next ski season is building and our new 2010/11 brochure will be out in 14 days! We have some great new properties in our European program to whet the appetite, here are some details:
Chamonix is a mecca for skiers and boarders alike and it’s great to have 2 new hotels in our program that are in the centre of the town. Read the rest of this entry »