Posts Tagged ‘jasper’
Best Ski Holidays in 2019
The 2018/19 winter season is upon us, so what better time to let us plan your 2019 ski holiday?
As the UK’s leading tailor-made ski specialist, our experienced team will take the time to fine-tune every element of your ski holiday, from flights and accommodation to ski schools and restaurant reservations. Choose from hand-picked ski destinations around the world and make 2019 your best year on the slopes yet. We’ve carefully chosen an outstanding mix of world-class ski resorts to appeal to British skiers in:
- France: home to some of the most extensive ski areas in the world, it’s no surprise that France is Europe’s number one ski destination.
- Canada: superb skiing, an enviable snow record, staggering scenery and ski resorts with something for everyone.
- The USA: uncrowded slopes, amazing powder snow, first-class lodging and unparalleled customer service, wherever you ski.
- Switzerland: Switzerland exudes charm and our clients love the laid-back yet refined atmosphere of our featured resorts.
- Austria: excellent hospitality, a warm and friendly welcome, lively après-ski and luxurious spa centres.
- Italy: extensive terrain, good snow records, fabulous food & drink and some of the most stunning scenery in Europe
- Japan: Japan’s outstanding success as a ski destination can be summed up in one simple word – snow. You really have to ski it to believe it!
“The booking of our ski holiday for 2019 was handled very efficiently by the Ski Independence staff and we look forward to our winter break. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and obviously knew their ski centres!” Steven, November 2018.
Featured Ski Destinations for 2019
What’s the recipe for the perfect ski holiday? Maybe a sprinkle of snow, a big heap of terrain, a soupcon of sunshine, a pinch of stunning scenery, and a dollop of après-ski? Alberta has all the ingredients to make the skiing equivalent of a Michelin star meal!
The Perfect Ski Holiday ingredient #1: Powder
Jasper, Banff and Lake Louise make an excellent multi-centre holiday that offers so much more than just skiing, with jaw-dropping scenery, wildlife, walks and more – here’s a round-up of my recent trip…
On Wednesday we lose 2 members of the Ski Independence team as they pack up their bags and make their way to Utah to lead the Daily Mail Ski and Snowboard Magazine reader trip. Starting in Park City and visiting Deer Valley, Snowbird and Canyons along the way, Annika our Groups Manager and Eve one of our Reservation Consultants, along with Henry Druce and Dave Watts, editors of the magazine and British Ex-Olympic skier Martin Bell, will spend 8 days skiing 6 of Utah’s 14 resorts.
Here at Ski Independence we look forward to the end of January as we know that it’s about that time of year when we can look forward to and count down the days until we get on the slopes. There are some lucky team members who have already put in some turns this winter but for many the first are yet to come. Over the next few days we thought we would share with you what our own ski plans are for the rest of the winter, so here’s who’s doing what! Read the rest of this entry »
Canada’s most elevated ski area, Jasper’s Marmot Basin, received over 10 cm of snow today with considerably more accumulation at higher elevations.
At 1,700 metres, Marmot boasts the highest base elevation of all Canadian ski resorts meaning it often gets large amounts of snow early season. That was exactly the case today, see the image below:
Last winter Marmot opened on 11th November, its earliest opening date ever, with ideal snow conditions. So far this fall is shaping up to deliver a repeat performance of last year’s early season snowfalls which helped contribute to Marmot’s record setting year for attendance. “I think this snow is here to stay”, predicted an optimistic Brian Rode, Marmot’s VP of Marketing and Sales. “We may still get some warm weather, but given that it’s nearing the end of September, I am quite sure this is the beginning of a very good base layer”, added Rode.
Marmot Basin is once again targeting 11th November as the opening day of the season, only 52 days from today.