Posts Tagged ‘avoriaz’
Best Ski Holidays in 2019
The 2018/19 winter season is upon us, so what better time to let us plan your 2019 ski holiday?
As the UK’s leading tailor-made ski specialist, our experienced team will take the time to fine-tune every element of your ski holiday, from flights and accommodation to ski schools and restaurant reservations. Choose from hand-picked ski destinations around the world and make 2019 your best year on the slopes yet. We’ve carefully chosen an outstanding mix of world-class ski resorts to appeal to British skiers in:
- France: home to some of the most extensive ski areas in the world, it’s no surprise that France is Europe’s number one ski destination.
- Canada: superb skiing, an enviable snow record, staggering scenery and ski resorts with something for everyone.
- The USA: uncrowded slopes, amazing powder snow, first-class lodging and unparalleled customer service, wherever you ski.
- Switzerland: Switzerland exudes charm and our clients love the laid-back yet refined atmosphere of our featured resorts.
- Austria: excellent hospitality, a warm and friendly welcome, lively après-ski and luxurious spa centres.
- Italy: extensive terrain, good snow records, fabulous food & drink and some of the most stunning scenery in Europe
- Japan: Japan’s outstanding success as a ski destination can be summed up in one simple word – snow. You really have to ski it to believe it!
“The booking of our ski holiday for 2019 was handled very efficiently by the Ski Independence staff and we look forward to our winter break. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and obviously knew their ski centres!” Steven, November 2018.
Featured Ski Destinations for 2019
Along with the partying, eating copious amounts of food and celebrating in the streets, one of the most integral elements of a New Year ski holiday is snow. The start of the year is generally a great time to ski in Europe, however snow cover in late December and early January can vary from resort to resort, so why not pick our brains for information on the most snow-sure destinations?
Our knowledgeable reservations team will be more than happy to talk through your requirements and point you in the right direction. So whether you’re looking for wild après, the ultimate in-resort dining or high altitude slopes, we’ll do our best to make sure you bring in 2019 in style.
Here are just a few of our picks for high-altitude early-season skiing in Europe:
The highest slopes sit at 3,300m, ensuring snowy mountains throughout the season.
Great piste-grooming and high altitude make Tignes a dependable New Year resort!
The village sits at 2,300m, making it the highest resort in the Alps and a snow-sure destination.
Our Top Tips
1. Once you’ve decided where to go, make the most of the mountain by letting us organise your instructor. Whether its group or private lessons, we can help!
2. Book your lift pass before you travel. With the majority of our French resorts, we can send your hands-free cards out with your travel documentation to ensure you’re not waiting to get on the slopes. Read the rest of this entry »
Many ski resorts in Europe enjoyed huge amounts of new snow over the past weekend, which is fantastic timing for the February holidays which are coming soon! We’ve collated some images and a few short videos below to highlight the best of the new snowfall.
First up, a Val d’Isère chairlift ride: “This photo taken from the La Daille chairlift reveals the intensity of the snowfall we had today in Val d’Isère. As of 2250 tonight it is still snowing and expected to continue into the early morning. These intrepid skiers got this snowy in the 6 minutes it takes to get up the chair”, said Henry’s Avalanche Talk.
As another fantastic winter season draws to a close, the Ski Independence team share their highlights from winter 2014/15…
Europe’s short travel times and great skiing make for the ideal family ski holiday destination, but which resorts are best for families? Finding the right ski area, ski school, childcare options and accommodation all within a reasonable travel time can be challenging. With over 20 years of experience, we’ve short listed some of the best European resorts and accommodation for all the family…
Everybody is talking about this weekend’s snowfall, and not without good reason. Buckets of snow over the weekend has given snowsports enthusiasts all over Alps plenty to shout about. Here are some of our favourite winter wonderland scenes from the weekend…
If we put together a list of our most requested elements for a ski holiday it might read like this: a mid price hotel with a spa, ski-in/ski-out access, a snow-sure resort, a large ski area, a short transfer and can we also make sure there’s lots of availability for short breaks as well? Until now it’s been tricky trying to tick all of those boxes, but the newly renovated Hotel des Dromonts in Avoriaz offers all that and more.
Great news! If you haven’t already heard, the snow has well and truly arrived in the Alps and North America. #WinterIsHere is trending on Twitter and we wanted to share a few recent images and videos to inspire you for Winter 2014/15.
- Vail, Breckenridge and Beaver Creek in Colorado are now all open and there’s been enough snow that Vail’s back bowls should be open for the Thanksgiving weekend celebrations.
- 12 inches of new snow in Breckenridge, here’s a clip of the skiing on offer on Peak 9:
Karen has travelled all over the place to get her skiing fix – from early days growing up in the Cairngorms, to winter seasons in Austria, to luxurious holidays in Switzerland, Utah, California, BC, and more. Read Karen’s ski bucket list top 5, plus her recommendations for family skiing, skiing as a couple and her favourite place to take a city break stopover: San Francisco.
Nikki and Nicole from our reservations team have just returned from a few days in the French Alps where they managed to visit a lot of resorts, stopped in on many of our featured properties and also managed to get some fantastic early season skiing and snowboarding in. Here’s a round-up from Nikki and some great photos from Nicole.
Working with Ski Independence definitely has its perks, and this week we were lucky enough to take part in a fam trip to France. Not only to familiarise ourselves with the resorts, but to see all the amazing properties where we send our clients every winter. Knowing the resorts and properties inside-out is an essential part of being in the sales team, it means we can give the very best advice and share our first hand experiences. Read the rest of this entry »