A weekend of snowfall makes for a happy and excited Ski Independence team!
Snow has fallen in the Alps already this autumn, but has generally melted away with fluctuating temperatures in September and October. Now though, snow that falls has a good chance of sticking around – and with a huge storm and up to 30cm of fresh snow having fallen all over the Alps over the weekend, there’s a good chance this latest snow is here to stay and we will have a great base for the winter!
Snowfall in Europe
There are plenty of reasons to get excited about winter 13/14:
- Snow has fallen down to 1000m already – great news for the time of year
- Up to 30cm of fresh snow over the weekend in some places, for example La Rosière
- There’s more snow in the forecast for the end of the week
- WeLove2Ski.com reports that there’s up to 210cm of snow already on the upper pistes of Saas Fee
- Tignes, the only resort currently open in France, was late opening over the weekend due to avalanche control blasting
Here are some amazing images below so you can see why we’re so excited:
Resorts Open in North America
With just one month to go before the majority of ski resorts open, things are looking up for 13/14! Let us know where you’re going this winter, and if you haven’t decided yet then give us a call for expert advice on 0131 243 8097.