In the past few weeks, snow is and has been falling in abundance around the globe and skiers & snowboarders worldwide are reaping the benefits. Delighted whoops and ‘yee-haas!’ have been heard far and wide, and we’ve picked a couple of our favourite videos from recent weeks to whet your appetite. Winter 2012/2013 keeps getting better!
Firstly, here’s a quick snapshot of snow conditions in some of our featured resorts:
- News just in – Whistler‘s total cumulative snowfall has now surpassed the 7 metre mark, unbelievable!
- Happy clients in Panorama report: “Snow is awesome…people here awesome…skiing awesome…Panorama Mountain village awesome…thank you so much…this holiday is the best ever…ever!”
- Over 40cm of snow has fallen in the Espace Killy (home of Tignes and Val d’Isere) in the past week alone
- There are reports of 60-70cm of new snow in Verbier
- In parts of the Tirol, Austria, nearly 1 metre of snow is estimated to have fallen since Friday
- Colorado has also been blessed by the snow gods: last week Vail received 66cm of fresh, Breckenridge had 58cm, and Aspen 40cm
If the stats aren’t enough to wow you, this footage of powder skiing in Jackson Hole might just do the trick. January “Powdermonian” in Jackson Hole, Wyoming:
Or how about some sunshine and powder in Vail?
Snow-forecast.com reports that “Heavy snow is expected to continue throughout the week in many French resorts, resulting is powder skiing everywhere” and “La Clusaz in France is expecting around 90cm of fresh snow between Monday 4th February and Wednesday 13th February”. Amazing!
There are plenty of deals out there if you’re keen to get out there and experience the best that winter has to offer this year – contact us for a tailor-made quotation by calling 0131 243 8097, request a quote by email here or visit our Offers pages.