Which? Magazine recently revealed the results of its latest consumer survey on airline short-haul flights. We’re delighted that Swiss International Airlines, an airline we regularly book for our clients, is once again at the top of the tables in the 2012 survey.
Conducted in October 2012, the customer survey received 5,622 responses from Which? Magazine’s online members. It included 16 airlines and evaluated 9 aspects including the check in process, punctuality of flights, airline staff and value for money.
The long-standing favourite airlines of Which? Magazine readers were still flying high, however it did not take off for Ryanair who scored the worst out of 16 airlines offering short-haul flights.
- SWISS International Airlines, for the third time running, ranks highest in the European airlines table. Customers provided some positive comments, praising the politeness of the airline staff and overall experience using the airline, citing ‘great service’ and an ‘excellent booking process’. The airline’s overall Customer Score in 2012 is 82%, up from 76% in 2011.
- Lufthansa and Aer Lingus both received a significant increase from last year with Lufthansa sitting at 63% last year to 75% today; Aer Lingus increased from 67% to 74%.
- Turkish Airlines made things extremely interesting: they didn’t feature in last year’s survey, but received an impressive 78% this year, putting them in second place. One happy customer commented, ‘‘The aircraft cabin, meals and complimentary drinks were all of high standard. The experience to some extent restored my enjoyment in flying”.
Stuck on the runway
- At the lower end of the scale,Ryanair received 34%, Thomas Cook Airlines 36% and Thomson Airlines 45%; this is the second year running these airlines have scored the lowest in the customer survey.
- Thomas Cook Airlines and Thomas Airlines are all used as charter flights by tour operators, which may go some way to explaining their less favourable feedback.
SWISS really lead the way on this survey, with 5 stars on many of the evaluated aspects, it’s clear that they deserved first place. Not only do Swiss provide excellent customer service, but for skiers and snowboarders there’s the added benefit of free ski carriage on top of the normal 23 kilo luggage allowance.
Interested in travelling with some of the top airline providers?
- We offer SWISS as part of our tailor-made ski packages to the Alps, with direct flights daily from Manchester, Birmingham, London Heathrow & London City to Zurich, Geneva & Basel for holidays to our range of French ski resorts and Swiss ski resorts.
- Turkish Airlines provide a non-stop flight to Istanbul from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Heathrow and Manchester. Why not check out Osprey Holidays for a city break in Istanbul, click here for more information.
For further details about holidays to Switzerland and France flying with Swiss, get in touch with one of the team on 0131 243 8097 or request a tailor-made email quote.