Archive for ‘Short Breaks’
Best Ski Holidays in 2019
The 2018/19 winter season is upon us, so what better time to let us plan your 2019 ski holiday?
As the UK’s leading tailor-made ski specialist, our experienced team will take the time to fine-tune every element of your ski holiday, from flights and accommodation to ski schools and restaurant reservations. Choose from hand-picked ski destinations around the world and make 2019 your best year on the slopes yet. We’ve carefully chosen an outstanding mix of world-class ski resorts to appeal to British skiers in:
- France: home to some of the most extensive ski areas in the world, it’s no surprise that France is Europe’s number one ski destination.
- Canada: superb skiing, an enviable snow record, staggering scenery and ski resorts with something for everyone.
- The USA: uncrowded slopes, amazing powder snow, first-class lodging and unparalleled customer service, wherever you ski.
- Switzerland: Switzerland exudes charm and our clients love the laid-back yet refined atmosphere of our featured resorts.
- Austria: excellent hospitality, a warm and friendly welcome, lively après-ski and luxurious spa centres.
- Italy: extensive terrain, good snow records, fabulous food & drink and some of the most stunning scenery in Europe
- Japan: Japan’s outstanding success as a ski destination can be summed up in one simple word – snow. You really have to ski it to believe it!
“The booking of our ski holiday for 2019 was handled very efficiently by the Ski Independence staff and we look forward to our winter break. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and obviously knew their ski centres!” Steven, November 2018.
Featured Ski Destinations for 2019
Short breaks or ski weekends are becoming more and more popular so we thought we’d put together our top 5 short break tips for skiers.
1. Be flexible; To get the best price and the best availability have a bit of flexibility in your dates. We can book from many local airports in the UK but the prices tend to rise from Thursday to Sunday (as does accommodation cost sometimes) so if you’re looking for the best price then mid-week might suit best.
2. Avoid school holidays; There are very few hotels or apartments that will accept short stays over the Christmas / New Year holidays or the February holidays (that stretch in to March on mainland Europe) so keeping clear of these dates will give most flexibility. Read the rest of this entry »
I don’t need to tell you that January can leave you feeling a bit blue. Christmas is over, the days still so short and with recent downpours around the country it’s the kind of month I want to run away screaming into the hills from, which this January is exactly what I decided to do. Running away for the entire month apparently wasn’t an option however to my delight running away for a few days seemed a bit more feasible. So a short break in Saas Fee it was!
This would be my first short break and it feels ridiculously luxurious to start the working week like everyone else then smugly skip off to the snowy mountains much to the envy of your snow loving colleagues. As the one who is usually waving others off my guilt at this was limited.
The reviews of Saas Fee from clients this season have been excellent, see below, so I decided I had to get in on the action:
“The Hotel Allalin was wonderful. Clean and tastefully decorated, friendly helpful staff and wonderful food. The rooms were spacious. The whole experience was quite exceptional.” Michelle Dec 2015
If we put together a list of our most requested elements for a ski holiday it might read like this: a mid price hotel with a spa, ski-in/ski-out access, a snow-sure resort, a large ski area, a short transfer and can we also make sure there’s lots of availability for short breaks as well? Until now it’s been tricky trying to tick all of those boxes, but the newly renovated Hotel des Dromonts in Avoriaz offers all that and more.