Archive for December, 2016
Short breaks or ski weekends are becoming more and more popular so we thought we’d put together our top 5 short break tips for skiers.
1. Be flexible; To get the best price and the best availability have a bit of flexibility in your dates. We can book from many local airports in the UK but the prices tend to rise from Thursday to Sunday (as does accommodation cost sometimes) so if you’re looking for the best price then mid-week might suit best.
2. Avoid school holidays; There are very few hotels or apartments that will accept short stays over the Christmas / New Year holidays or the February holidays (that stretch in to March on mainland Europe) so keeping clear of these dates will give most flexibility. Read the rest of this entry »
The whole team at Ski Independence would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If you need to get in touch with us please call 0131 243 8097 and please find details of our festive opening hours below.
Festive Opening Hours 2016/17
- Monday 19th December to Friday 23rd December: 9am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 24th December, Christmas Eve: 9am-12.30pm
- Sunday 25th December, Christmas Day: Closed
- Monday 26th December, Boxing Day: Closed
- Tuesday 27th December – Friday 30th December: 9am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 31st December, New Year’s Eve: 9am – 12.30pm
- Sunday 1st January, New Year’s Day and Monday 2nd January: Closed
The 2016/17 winter season is officially underway! Here is a short roundup of recent news and images to inspire your next ski holiday. From early resort openings in France and Canada to record snowfalls for the time of year, we can’t wait to get out there and ski! The first of our resort visits for the season start today – our Sales Manager, Gareth, is off to Verbier whilst Ski Specialist, David, is heading out to Colorado.
Whistler Blackcomb Open Ahead of Schedule
It has been nothing short of a brilliant start to winter for British Columbia’s ski resorts, with huge snowfalls early on. Whistler is celebrating its biggest November snow base in 6 years. Watch this video from Whistler’s opening day:
>> Find out more about Making the most of Whistler Blackcomb
Also Open for Winter 2016/17
- Banff and Lake Louise: Lake Louise Ski Resort has been open since Friday 18th November and the famed Delirium Dive at Sunshine Village is now operational too. These superb Alberta ski resorts are off to an incredible start to the season, with yet another storm system passing through this weekend.