Archive for June, 2012
If you don’t know, you really need to Google it and gather all of the information you can because this is truly the gem of the USA and, perhaps, the most unique and scenic ski resort in all of America.
Alan Palmer from The Peaks Resort and Spa in Telluride tells us all about this unique ski resort which started life like so many other Colorado ski towns – during the 19th Century Gold Rush: Read the rest of this entry »
Back by popular demand, we are once again offering complimentary FlexiPlus upgrades on the Eurotunnel for all customers who book their 2012/2013 ski holiday with Ski Independence. This is great news and it’s amazing how handy it can be when driving to the Alps.
Here are some of the main benefits of having this fantastic upgrade:
- Priority boarding – skip the queues especially during busy dates
- Lounge access with newspapers and sandwiches (for standard height vehicles only)
- Fully flexible – if you are delayed getting to Calais fear not, FlexiPlus allows you to be fully flexible and get on the next available crossing
- With 3 trains per hour frequency is great and allows a stress-free journey to Folkestone or Calais
With Banff and Lake Louise in the middle of their best winter in over 80 years we decided it was time that a few of us from the team headed over to Alberta to see what all the fuss was about. It was a quick trip, just 5 nights in Canada, but in that time we skied 3 resorts, visited over 30 hotels and drove over 1300 kilometers along one of the world’s most scenic routes, The Icefields Parkway.
If you’ve never skied there before here are a few of my tips for you: Read the rest of this entry »
Was it a state of the art Gondola? Nope, me neither! But Vail is turning 50 next winter and they are getting a brand new gondola to improve their (already) world class lift system.
The gondola will replace The Vista Bahn Express lift (or lift #16, whichever you prefer) and is situated pretty much on the doorstep of The Lodge at Vail, does that make this is THE place to stay? I think so…
Anyway, more about the new gondola, here are some facts for you:
- It’ll take 10 passengers per cabin and this will give an increased uplift capacity of 40% – that means less queuing time to me and you.
- There will be heated and cushioned seats – very nice.
- FREE wi-fi access – yep that’s right, you’re always connected! Check out your latest Epic Mix stats on the way back up the mountain!
- Ride time to Mid-Vail of 7.5 mins versus the old quad ride time of 9mins plus.
- Opening day is 15 November 2012, but bear in mind that is the day BEFORE the mountain opens!