At Ski Independence we understand that short break skiers are dedicated to their mountain time, just getting you there and back quickly is not enough. We consider every detail involved in you getting the most out of your short break. Tell us what’s important to you and let us use our expert knowledge to make sure your short break is one to be enjoyed and remembered.
For maximum time on the mountain we recommend resorts in close proximity to airports. The best time to plan a short break is early to mid-December, January or mid-March to the end of the season. Availability is slightly more limited during the holiday periods such as Christmas, New Year & Easter, however, properties are becoming increasing flexible so short breaks around these dates are always a possibility. To find out more don't hesitate to give us a call.
Lookout for our special short breaks logo throughout our European resorts to find the properties that are best suited to a short break.
Under 1hr 30mins from Geneva Airport
La Clusaz - 55mins
- Amazing scenery; you wouldn’t believe you had travelled less than an hour from the city!
- 5-star hotel options mean you don’t need to sacrifice luxury for convenience.
- Picturesque Alpine village makes this a great choice for a romantic mini break.
Chamonix - 1hr 15mins
- Backcountry skiing without backcountry travel times.
- Great accommodation options to suit all budgets and dates.
- Great shopping, great après, great restaurants; all right on your doorstep.
Megève - 1hr 10mins
- Huge variety of restaurants make this short break destination a gastronomic dream.
- A wide variety of terrain to suit all levels across three main ski areas.
- 2-day lift ticket packages mean you don’t have to pay for more than you plan to use.
Flaine - 1hr 20mins
- High altitude makes this one of the most snow-sure resorts with a short transfer.
- Lots of slopeside cafés and shops, perfect for grabbing a quick bite before continuing your skiing.
- Fresh baked goods delivered daily saves time with La Forêt’s bakery delivery option.
Morzine - 1hr 25mins
- Flexible lift pass options so you can ski as much or as little of the 650km of piste as you like!
- Wide choice of short break friendly accommodation.
- Buzzing market town with lots of lively après spots and entertainment.
Villars - 1hr 30mins
- The easiest Swiss resort to access for a short break.
- Stunning views of Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc make this a truly picturesque destination.
- Variety of terrain, restaurants and accommodation make Villars a great choice for families.
Top picks for transfer times under 2hrs from Geneva Airport:
Avoriaz - 1hr 40mins
- This ski-in/ski-out resort means you don’t need to waste a second getting to and from the slopes!
- Self-catering options mean you don’t need to keep to anyone’s schedule but your own.
- Located 1800m up in the Portes du Soleil ski there’s no shortage of snow or terrain.
Verbier - 1hr 50mins
- The Hotel W is totally flexible and provides the ultimate in ski-in/ski-out luxury.
- Verbier is one of the most popular resorts in Europe with a world-renowned ski area.
- Popular with the rich and famous, Verbier boasts high quality throughout the resort.
Recommended hotel: Hotel W *****
All timings shown are approximate. Main image: Avoriaz (Oreli B).